Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seasonal Shawl Project

I always wear a shawl when I do ritual. Wearing an item I've knit really is something special, but I only have one shawl. It is beautiful, but I wear it at other times too. I decided recently that I wanted to make shawls specifically for ritual. This is what I came up with:

Spring:

Pattern: Echo Flowers
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow Tonal - Springtime

Summer:

Pattern: Sagittaria
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow Tonal - Summer Blooms

Autumn:


Pattern: North Röe
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow Tonal - Gypsy

Winter:

Pattern: Antarctis
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow Tonal - Blue Violet

I'm too late to start the Spring shawl now, since my plan is to cast on at the beginning of each season, so the first one will be Summer. None of the patterns call for beads, but I really want to make some beaded shawls, and since I want these to be special, I'll be adding beads to them. I especially want to bead the Winter shawl - the beads I chose will give it some sparkle, like snow falling in the moonlight. The beads I picked for the Spring shawl will look a bit like dew drops in the morning.

I can't wait to cast on my first shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment