Friday, May 28, 2010

She's a wicked witch

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I started this sweater back in February. Not the most exciting knit on the planet, I'm afraid. I have no love for neverending rows of stocking stitch, but the end result is worth it.

The pattern is Wicked, formerly from Zephyr Style, but now available through KnitLulu. It is available in a worsted or laceweight version. I wanted to knit it with fingering, so I don't have to wear a cami with it. And besides, how could I resist sock yarn called Wicked Witch? It was too perfect for me, and for the pattern. My favourite colours, too. I love Knit Picks!

Without further ado, pictures. The only real modification I made was to do six rows of seed stitch on the hems, because I don't like rolled stocking hems. Other than the change of yarn weight, I knit it exactly as stated in the pattern.



2 comments:

  1. That's absolutely incredible. Thanks for linking the pattern. I want to make one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, CJ. I really enjoyed this knit. It was perfect travel & TV knitting, since it is mostly stocking stitch and I could knit without paying attention to it. Now I'm ready for a less mindless project!

    ReplyDelete